2019 Recruiting Wish List
here). The Jacks need to add another receiver or two, are in need of a running back, and still need to add some beef to the defensive line. I don't want to be greedy, but these five rise to the top of my list, have already been offered by the Jackrabbits, and would create a tremendous 2019 class.
- Evan Hull (Highlights)
- Running Back from Maple Grove, MN.
- 5'11 185 lbs, 4.4 40yd dash
- 2018 Stats: 1,915 rushing yards, 19 TD, 6.7 ypc avg, 9 rec, 117 yards, 14 kick returns, 1 TD, 23.6 return avg.
- Hull is from the hometown of Jake Wieneke, and had a great 2017 season but a phenomenal 2018. He reminds me of Zach Zenner for that fact that he is typically a one cut runner. However, he has a little more wiggle in the open field then Zach but also possesses the breakaway speed that speed that made Zenner so dangerous. He also excels in wrestling and track for the Crimson.
- Michael Love (Highlights)
- Wide Receiver from LaGrange Park, IL (Nazareth Academy)
- 5'9 170 lbs, 4.48 40yd dash
- 2018 Stats: 54 rec, 1,018 yards, 24 TD (18 receiving, 4 rushing, 2 returns) *Before state championship game
- Love enjoyed an outstanding 2018 and helped lead his team to the Illinois 7a State title. He is teammates with current cornerback commit Diamond Evans. Love had previously verballed to Bowling Green but opened up his committment earlier this fall. His brother plays cornerback for Notre Dame. Love has been named to virtually every all-state team in Illinois and was recognized as "Player of the Game" in the championship when he had 166 total yards and a TD.
- Marqui Johnson (Highlights)
- Wide Receiver from Scottsdale, AZ (Saguaro High School)
- 5'9 165, 4.58 40 yd dash
- 2018 Stats (6 games): 19 rec, 481 yards, 6 TD, 18 rushing attempts, 300 yards, 4 TD
- Marqui has a great story. He also is an explosive athlete that is a threat to take it the distance any time he touches the ball. Adding Marqui to the class would give the Jackrabbits another elusive playmaker that Coach Eidsness could be plenty creative with. It would also add another #CactusJack along with his former teammate Oliver Carras. Jackrabbit fans have been blessed with plenty of talent over the years since Coach Rogers led the first group north.
- Treyton Welch (Highlights)
- Wide Receiver from Buffalo, MN
- 6'3, 205 lbs, 4.73 40 yd dash
- 2018 Stats: 71 receptions, 1,302 yards, 16 TD
- Treyton is the best receiver in Minnesota in the class of 2019. He is among elite company as the 2nd leading receiver in Minnesota High School football history in terms of yards behind Michael Floyd and ahead of Larry Fitzgerald. He posses a great combination of size, hands and speed. Has the ability to "climb the ladder" and snag the passes. Like former Jackrabbit stars Goedert and Wieneke, he makes the incredible one-handed catch look easy.
- Jarod DePriest (Highlights)
- Defensive lineman from Farmington, IL
- 6'4, 285 lbs
- DePriest is a big bodied nasty defender who would fit in well with the #ChainGang that Coach Smith has built. He is a two time Illinois 3a All-State selection. DePriest, in an interview earlier this fall, said he wants to play defense in college because "he likes to hit." Perfect. He has the ability to collapse the pocket and is plenty nimble to make plays laterally. He is a huge man that will only get better following a college weight lifting regimen.